This Listing Is For (1) Mama Koala Insert!
Product Size: 39.4 inches * 26.4 inches
Bamboo is a natural and sustainable fiber with incredible absorbency. Great for heavy wetters, nap time, night time or long car trips. FEATURES
1. - 4 layers bamboo (80% bamboo viscose fiber and 20% polyester) and 2 layers hemp(45% hemp and 55% cotton)
- Can be used in many pockets and overnight diapers.
- Breathable, super absorbent, and less bulky.
- Stuff the insert into the pocket
- Lay insert on top of diaper cover
Tip: Wash inserts prior to first use.Usually 3-4 times washes needed to reach its full absorbency.
Wash and Care
- Washing instructions
We know that there are many ways to wash cloth diapers. Wash routines are not one size fits all. It depends on the detergent you use, your washing machines, water hardness levels, etc. Along your cloth journey, you will come up with your own system that works best for you. Below is a good example of a wash routine for that first starting out, or having issues with their own routine.
- Basic Routine
- Wash Before Wearing: All cloth diapers should be pre-washed before using so the diapers fluff up and achieve optimal softness and absorbency.
- Dump, drop, scrape, or spray solids into the toilet. For exclusively breastfed poop-it does not require any special removal. Breastmilk poop is 100% organic and will dissolve in the wash.
- Prewash with a small amount of detergent.
- Main wash: add the recommended amount of detergent for the appropriate load size.
- Cool rinse (optional).If you live in a hard water area, we do not recommend doing an extra rinse after the main wash because it might lead to build-up on diapers.
- Tumble dry low or lay flat to dry in the
- Tips: The water temperature should be 40°C/104°F max in any steps. We do not recommend using free&clear or natural types of detergents because hot water is required to rinse them. However, hot water will shorten the service life of the elastics and TPU.
- Detergent recommendations
We recommend using detergents that are free from optical brighteners, fabric softeners, and dyes. Many laundry detergents have such additives that can build up on cloth or cause other problems. Lots of customers recommend Tide, Gain, Purex, FOCA, etc., and they regularly see issues with Charlie's Soap, Rockin' Green, and homemade detergents. Most mainstream laundry detergents work well for cloth and these recommendations are for your reference only.
- Additional tips
- To prep, your hemp or bamboo inserts wash them 3 to 6 times before use. This will bring out their maximum absorbency. You may or may not use detergent. Microfiber inserts only need to be washed once before use.
- Store your dirty diapers in a dry pail or wet bag. Do not store in a wet pail.
- Do not soak your diapers in water, detergents, or additives. Soaking can damage the TPU (the waterproofing layer) and elastic of your diapers.